Description: On today’s show, Elle Russ and Eli Rohde talk about making the transition from sugar burner to fat burner. Once you adopt new habits and lifestyle behaviors, they’re often easier to maintain than you might have initially thought. But getting over the initial hurdles of making the transition can be a challenge. So on today’s show, Elle and Eli share their own personal experiences, and expertise, when it comes to navigating through the initial stages of going primal. They talk about motivation, willpower, and implementing practical tricks to make the process easy—so sticking to your new habits can become a reality.
They cover topics ranging from prepping for a transition, quality vs. quantity when it comes to food choices, curbing the temptation to indulge in too much of a good thing, and not letting perfectionism get in the way of attaining your goals.
Special offer: Today’s show is brought to you by Audible. Visit audible.com/primal for your free audiobook download!
- Willpower is a limited resource. What should you use it on first when going primal? [2:32]
- How stress and perfectionism undermines your goals. [4:17]
- The importance of preparing yourself for change. [5:35]
- Replacing bad habits with healthy ones. [8:40]
- Living by example rather than living on a soapbox. [10:40]
- The common mistake of overeating protein: too much of a good thing. [12:40]
- Nuts as a snack food: another example of too much of a good thing. [14:30]
- Fat bombs recipe! [15:15]
- Quantity vs. Quality on a ketogenic diet. [16:20]
- The symptoms and dietary necessities of ketosis. [20:20]
- Common themes when transitioning to a primal lifestyle. [23:20]
- Bone broth recipe from Paleocoaches.com. [29:50]
- Discipline vs. depravation. [30:20]
- The hype of over-hydration. [35:00]
- Moving tips for the winter time. [38:20]
Get the Primal Blueprint Podcast
- Download Episode #79 here (right click to “Save As”)
- View and subscribe to The Primal Blueprint Podcast on iTunes here and on Stitcher here
- Subscribe to the RSS feed here
Do you have a question you would like answered on a future Primal Blueprint Podcast? Submit a voicemail message by clicking the blue “Submit a Question” button on the right side of the page, or email us!