Description: Host Elle Russ sits down with Dr. Glenn Livingston, a veteran psychologist and long time CEO of a multi-million dollar consulting firm which has serviced several Fortune 500 clients in the food industry. You may have seen his (or his company’s) previous work, theories, and research in major periodicals like The New York Times, The Los Angeles Times, The Chicago Sun Times, The Indiana Star Ledger, The NY Daily News, American Demographics, or any of the other major media outlets you see on this page. You may also have heard him on ABC, WGN, and/or CBS radio, or UPN TV.
Disillusioned by what traditional psychology had to offer overweight and/or food obsessed individuals, Dr. Livingston spent several decades researching the nature of bingeing and overeating via work with his own patients AND a self-funded research program with more than 40,000 participants. Most important, however, was his own personal journey out of obesity and food prison to a normal, healthy weight and a much more lighthearted relationship with food.
- Dr. Glenn Livingston chats with Elle Russ about his struggle with binging and obesity. [00:01:05]
- Many people struggle with loneliness and isolation and turn to chocolate as a solution. [00:04:44]
- What about this voice in all of us? How does it help you with your decisions about food? [00:06:53]
- How does he apply the psychology of winners to his work with patients? [00:13:58]
- What else did he find from his research about how we eat things we know are not good for us? [00:20:19]
- Why is stress eating, binge eating so prevalent today? [00:26:21]
- What about will power? [00:29:30]
- What is a good example of a patient you have had with the most severe problem? [00:33:28]
Never Binge Again
Get the Primal Blueprint Podcast
- Download Episode #126 here (right click to “Save As”)
- View and subscribe to The Primal Blueprint Podcast on iTunes here and on Stitcher here
- Subscribe to the RSS feed here
Do you have a question you would like answered on a future Primal Blueprint Podcast? Submit a voicemail message by clicking the blue “Submit a Question” button on the right side of the page, or email us!