Description: On today’s show, Elle Russ sits down with Paleo Fitness Magazine editor Tony Federico, a ten-year veteran of the fitness industry who ditched the conventional wisdom of low fat, high carb eating after reading The Paleo Diet by Loren Cordain and The Primal Blueprint by Mark Sisson. After adopting the paleo lifestyle, Tony was able to resolve his lifetime struggle with binge eating and exercise addiction. He wrote the best-selling cookbook Paleo Grilling – A Modern Caveman’s Guide to Cooking with Fire and is a regular contributor to Paleo Magazine. He also hosts the Paleo Magazine Radio Podcast. He recently partnered with fellow trainer “Relentless” Roger Dickerman to create a professional development program for Personal Trainers called Prime Time Trainer. Tony also blogs at LiveCaveman.com and can be found on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook @tonyfedfitness.
On today’s show, Tony and Elle cover a wide range of topics, spanning Tony’s journey from a high carb, chronic exercise junky to a heavy hitter in the paleo community. The two talk about the importance of realistic body image, battling exercise addiction, transitioning into a paleo lifestyle, and following your passion. So sit back, relax, and absorbed a couple gluten-free grains of wisdom!
This episode is brought to you by Harry’s. Go to harrys.com today and receive $5 off your first purchase by using the promo code PRIMAL at checkout.
- What’s Paleo Fitness Magazine? [01:10]
- The importance of realistic body image [04:35]
- What was Tony’s diet like before going Paleo? [06:50]
- What was it like for Tony when he transitioned into a Paleo lifestyle? [11:20]
- The struggles of and reasons for exercise addiction [17:10]
- How to identify food sensitivities [20:30]
- Iron, ferritin, blood donation, and the occasional need for iron supplementation [24:00]
- Mark Sisson’s role in Tony’s journey to Paleo Fitness Magazine [29:20]
- If you’re passionate about what you love, it gives you the necessary drive to succeed [35:20]
- How do you subscribe to Paleo Magazine? [40:20]
- What’s one of the most common objections to the paleo lifestyle? [46:00]
- The benefits of reinventing old, time-tested practices [49:40]
Selected Links from the Episode:
Paleo Fitness Magazine
Paleo Grilling – A Modern Caveman’s Guide to Cooking with Fire
Paleo Magazine Radio
Get the Primal Blueprint Podcast
- Download Episode #93 here (right click to “Save As”)
- View and subscribe to The Primal Blueprint Podcast on iTunes here and on Stitcher here
- Subscribe to the RSS feed here
Do you have a question you would like answered on a future Primal Blueprint Podcast? Submit a voicemail message by clicking the blue “Submit a Question” button on the right side of the page, or email us!