Description: On today’s show, Elle sits down with Dr. Dana Lyons—a primal-aligned holistic health practitioner (and Primal Blueprint Cert grad)—to discuss the tips, techniques, and healing methods used in Dr. Lyon’s practice. Dana began following a primal lifestyle in her early 30s while studying medicine. Before that, she spent 10 years as a vegetarian with a chronic-cardio habit—continuing on that path even when she was hurting her health. But adopting a primal diet was pivotal to her own healing, which in turn shaped her practice as a doctor. Currently, she runs a holistic clinic with her husband, where implements what she calls an Alchemist Eating program, which helps people who experience food and eating as a place of struggle or pain.
So sit back, relax, and get an education in topics including willpower, the chemical changes in our bodies after 90 days of modified eating, the benefits of mindfulness, overcoming sugar addiction, and the potential harmony between Eastern and Western medicine.
This episode is brought to you by Harry’s. Go to harrys.com today and receive $5 off your first purchase by using the promo code PRIMAL at checkout.
This episode is also brought to you by Casper. Get $50 toward any mattress purchase by visiting casper.com/primal and using the promo code PRIMAL at checkout.
- How did she get into the primal lifestyle after being a vegetarian? 1:10
- How does Dr. Lyons work with her patients? 4:10
- What are some good examples of the success of some of the people she coached? 5:29
- How does willpower come into play? It can happen in 90 days? 6:15
- What got her interested in taking the Certification Course and were there surprises in that information? 10:40
- What were some of the outstanding things in the course that you noticed? 11:50
- What are the differences between Western medicine and Chinese medicine? 13:20
- If we want to see an acupuncturist, what do we look for? 15:39
- Are there things Dr. Lyons has done differently in her medical practice after taking the primal/paleo training? 18:23
- What about “Mindfulness?”20:20
- How does one get over one’s sugar addiction? 21:17
- How does her coaching practice work? She practices on Skype and phone sessions. 24:30
- What message do you want to leave the listeners to this podcast? 27:50
Selected Links from the Episode:
Dr. Dana Leigh Lyons
The Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
Get the Primal Blueprint Podcast
- Download Episode #94 here (right click to “Save As”)
- View and subscribe to The Primal Blueprint Podcast on iTunes here and on Stitcher here
- Subscribe to the RSS feed here
Do you have a question you would like answered on a future Primal Blueprint Podcast? Submit a voicemail message by clicking the blue “Submit a Question” button on the right side of the page, or email us!