Description: Mark is in the studio this week with Todd White, founder of a revolutionary wine production company, Dry Farm Wines. Todd is a writer, speaker and leading authority on healthy, organic natural wines and supporter of micro-dosing alcohol for health, longevity and vitality. As an avid biohacker and health experimenter, Todd is also releasing a ketogenic cookbook called Keto Well that discusses his success in low-carb eating.
Todd is a bit of a renaissance man, but for the last 15 years he has specialized in the natural health and wine business. He has dedicated his life to educating and helping people make better choices about food, nutrition, and how they think about consuming alcohol.
Today we’re getting a complete education on wine, including an in-depth look at common modern additives and the resulting issues they pose. If you’re wondering where alcohol lands in your overall health goals, then this is the episode for you!
- Mark welcomes his friend Todd White to discuss the interesting topic of wine and its role in healthy living. [00:00:43]
- What is causing a person to waken in the early morning hours after they have had a drink of wine? [00:05:16]
- Does natural wine really eliminate hangovers and early morning awakening? [00:10:30]
- Does it make a difference what the soil composition is? What about the irrigation? [00:12:22]
- What makes the taste and aroma so different in these natural wines? [00:15:14]
- What is the difference in the amount of sugar in standard American wine and these natural wines? [00:22:59]
- At what point does the alcohol content become problematic within the context of a glass of wine? [00:26:52]
- What is glorious exception? [00:33:27]
- Does dosage really make a big difference? [00:38:50]
- What are some of the additives we find in wine? [00:44:41]
- What about sulfites? [00:49:22]
- We hear about additives like histamine and tannin. What part do they play? [00:51:10]
- The darker the wine….is it better? [00:54:47]
- Todd’s group represents wineries around the world that are natural wine makers. [00:57:29]
- How can the listeners partake in these natural wines? [00:55:30]
Selected Links from the Episode:
Dry Farm Wines
FDA Approved Additives
Get the Primal Blueprint Podcast
- Download Episode #112 here (right click to “Save As”)
- View and subscribe to The Primal Blueprint Podcast on iTunes here and on Stitcher here
- Subscribe to the RSS feed here
Do you have a question you would like answered on a future Primal Blueprint Podcast? Submit a voicemail message by clicking the blue “Submit a Question” button on the right side of the page, or email us!