Description: Dr. Lauren Noel is a licensed naturopathic doctor and expert in natural medicine. She received her doctorate in naturopathic medicine from National College of Natural Medicine in Portland, Oregon. Since 2010, Dr. Noel has treated over 5,000 patients using natural therapies. Her areas of expertise are digestive disorders, thyroid & hormone imbalances, and autoimmune disease. She has been a frequent guest/lecturer on health radio shows and medical conferences, and she is the host of Dr. Lo Radio, a top rated podcast on iTunes that has attracted nearly two million listens. Dr. Noel owns Shine Natural Medicine in Solana Beach, CA where she treats patients locally and all over the country.
- What was Lauren’s journey on the road to becoming a naturopathic doctor? [00:01:29]
- How did you restore your gut health problems and how long did it take to turn it around? [00:06:33]
- What is “The Daily Gratitude?” [00:09:00]
- How do nutrient deficiencies affect female hormones? [00:11:29]
- How much is stress involved? [00:15:48]
- What about liver detox? What does that do? [00:17:17]
- What is the protocol of food and supplements that a patient would need? [00:19:28]
- What is methylation and why does it matter? [00:20:56]
- What about switching from coffee to green tea? [00:23:04]
- In Phase One of your protocol you talk about DIM. How is that used with folks with breast cancer? [00:25:12]
- What are some of the more prevalent complaints that patients have? [00:26:26]
- What about autoimmunity and grains? [00:27:18]
- What lifestyle steps are important for recovery of your system? [00:30:21]
- How important is sleep? [00:32:57]
- Regarding gut health, is gas a symptom of something bad? [00:35:51]
- What about the hormone PAGA? [00:38:01]
- What about Dr. Noel’s practice? [00:39:56]
Dr. Lauren Noel
Dr. Noel’s Podcast
Shine Natural Medicine
Wired but Tired
Get the Primal Blueprint Podcast
- Download Episode #132 here (right click to “Save As”)
- View and subscribe to The Primal Blueprint Podcast on iTunes here and on Stitcher here
- Subscribe to the RSS feed here
Do you have a question you would like answered on a future Primal Blueprint Podcast? Submit a voicemail message by clicking the blue “Submit a Question” button on the right side of the page, or email us!
A lot of amazing finds! Your age is very informational.
What a great episode! I enjoyed it very much.