Description: Hashimoto’s disease, hypothyroidism, and Reverse T3 hypothyroidism are on the rise. Yet too many doctors are uninformed on how to diagnose and treat the various nuances behind thyroid disorders—leaving millions of patients un-diagnosed or hypothyroid and symptomatic, despite being on thyroid hormone replacement. Dr. Gary E. Foresman, MD, is not only a Primal doctor well-versed in all things paleo/primal, but an informed integrative physician who Elle Russ chose to interview for her book, The Paleo Thyroid Solution.
When Dr. Foresman opened a private practice, he quickly became dissatisfied with the inability of established Western medical treatments to effectively treat many of his patients—many of which suffered from thyroid disorders. Determined to help his patients, he began investigating alternative therapies and has since expanded his training in many systems of healing—not just through Ayurveda, meditation, and stress management, but also using botanical, orthomolecular and functional medicine systems. His precise, scientific mind, combined with a holistic integrative perspective, makes him not only an exceptional diagnostician, but also a skilled practitioner who can therapeutically synthesize optimal healing modalities for each individual.
More in-depth commentary on thyroid issues by Dr. Gary Foresman can be found in The Paleo Thyroid Solution written by Elle Russ which is available for pre-order on Amazon.
If you would like to learn more about Dr. Gary Foresman and his medical practice, visit: Middlepathmedicine.com.
If you would like to learn more about Elle or contact her, visit her website at: ElleRuss.com.
- Dr. Gary Foresman is expert in thyroid health. Why is there an increase in this problem? [00:00:58]
- How is Vitamin D deficiency involved and what is considered a normal range of D? [00:02:20]
- How important is checking of your ferritin level? [00:04:42]
- What would you say to a colleague with an older belief system regarding the new findings? [00:07:59]
- What about vaccines? [00:14:18]
- Why do doctors freak out when the TSH is depressed? [00:17:11]
- How do grains trigger Hashimoto’s disease and other autoimmune diseases? [00:25:47]
- How does the presence of autoimmunity connect to other diseases? [00:35:17]
- Why are reverse T-3 problems on the rise? Is stress involved? [00:37:38]
- What about Type 2 Diabetes? How is that connected to the thyroid problems? [00:48:08]
- Can one really rely on Western medicine system? [00:53:55]
Get the Primal Blueprint Podcast
- Download Episode #131 here (right click to “Save As”)
- View and subscribe to The Primal Blueprint Podcast on iTunes here and on Stitcher here
- Subscribe to the RSS feed here
Do you have a question you would like answered on a future Primal Blueprint Podcast? Submit a voicemail message by clicking the blue “Submit a Question” button on the right side of the page, or email us!
My doctor just refused to check RT3 because she never heard of it.