Description: Host Brad Kearns talks to testosterone expert Christopher Walker, who details a remarkable story of self-healing from serious endocrine problems. Don’t flinch at the title—Chris’ approach is the opposite of the magic supplement obsessed blather you typically hear on the topic of testosterone enhancement. Chris was a college student at Duke and a hardcore triathlete when he first experienced some debilitating symptoms of low testosterone. When tested he was found to have a hideously low serum level of 11 ng/dl, where the normal range for his age group would be 400-1000 ng/dl. He was also discovered to have a pituitary tumor, which in addition to adverse lifestyle practices, was the cause of his serious disorder.
Chris boldly chose to forego the medically advised approach of either surgery or hormone replacement therapy and embark on a holistic lifestyle transformation. In a short time, he cured his condition and his testosterone level skyrocketed to 1192 ng/dl! Chris’s key to recovery included an assortment of holistic methods, including adopting a new empowering mindset and a diet full of primal-aligned foods.
Christopher offers these and other actionable tips for males to naturally elevate testosterone in today’s episode. Furthermore, testshock.com offers details about Christopher’s full program, including an excellent free print book (just pay S&H and he’ll mail you an actual book!) to get you started. So tune in to get a jump start on a common problem that may have a simpler (and more painless) solution than you might have thought!
- How did Christopher get into the testosterone teaching situation? [00:01:50]
- How did his pituitary gland tumor affect his life? What were the symptoms? [00:04:48]
- Because he was unwilling to take medication or have surgery, he altered his nutrition, his training, and his lifestyle to solve his own problem. [00:08:00]
- What happened to his triathlon training during this time? [00:09:55]
- What process did he use to take care of himself? [00:15:25]
- How did his diet affect him? [00:17:05]
- How was his change in training a big part of his life adjustment? [00:19:39]
- How did changing his sleep pattern help regulate his testosterone output? [00:27:16]
- How did Chris deal with the medical community’s disapproval of their advice? [00:31:33]
- What are some actionable steps to optimize our testosterone? What about diet? [00:32:59]
- Why is insulin sensitivity something important to look at? [00:39:11]
Get the Primal Blueprint Podcast
- Download Episode #88 here (right click to “Save As”)
- View and subscribe to The Primal Blueprint Podcast on iTunes here and on Stitcher here
- Subscribe to the RSS feed here
Do you have a question you would like answered on a future Primal Blueprint Podcast? Submit a voicemail message by clicking the blue “Submit a Question” button on the right side of the page, or email us!