Description: Hannah Crum is The Kombucha Mamma, founder of Kombucha Kamp, the most visited website in the world for Kombucha information, recipes and advice. KKamp’s mission is to “change the world, one gut at a time.” Along with partner Alex LaGory, Hannah is also an industry journalist and Master Brewer, directly mentoring thousands of new and experienced Kombucha brewers and providing consultation services for Kombucha start-ups since 2007. Together, Hannah and Alex also co-founded Kombucha Brewers International, the industry non-profit trade association dedicated to promoting bottled Kombucha around the world. Kombucha Kamp classes, advice and reporting have been featured in BevNet, Beverage Spectrum Magazine, Whole Life Times Magazine, Los Angeles Times, Elephant Journal, Vital Juice and many others while her instructional video series with E-How/Expert Village has racked up over 1 million views.
So you won’t want to miss today’s episode, which delves into all things Kombucha, including its health benefits, the brewing process, its growing popularity, and how to make your own brew.
Enjoy a special promotion from this episode’s sponsor: DNAFit.com
Click here and enter the code PRIMALBLUEPRINT at checkout for a whopping 30% off your own personal genetic test!
- What is Kombucha? [01:05]
- Why are fermented foods important? [04:59]
- What are some of the health benefits of Kombucha? [05:03]
- Can diabetics/candida sufferers drink Kombucha? [07:36]
- Why do we need to brew it with sugar? How much sugar is left at the end? [09:32]
- Why is Kombucha so popular now? [17:42]
- How do you respond to the critics of Kombucha tea consumption? [19:30]
- How much of it can you drink? [22:55]
- Is it easy to make? [24:55]
- Why are some of the Kambucha bottles on the shelf and others in the refrigerator? [32:38]
- How do Kombucha and soda compare? [34:12]
- Can you make Kombucha Kocktails? [35:16]
- What kind of flavors are available? [36:18]
Get the Primal Blueprint Podcast
- Download Episode #73 here (right click to “Save As”)
- View and subscribe to The Primal Blueprint Podcast on iTunes here and on Stitcher here
- Subscribe to the RSS feed here
Do you have a question you would like answered on a future Primal Blueprint Podcast? Submit a voicemail message by clicking the blue “Submit a Question” button on the right side of the page, or email us!