Description: Host Elle Russ sits down with Dr. Peter Osborne, the clinical director of Origins Healthcare Center in Sugar Land, TX, and author of No Grain, No Pain. Dr. Osborne is a doctor of chiropractic medicine, a Board Certified Clinical Nutritionist and an expert in orthomolecular and functional medicine. His clinical focus is the holistic natural treatment of chronic degenerative diseases with a primary focus on gluten sensitivity and food allergies. He has helped thousands of patients recover from mysterious medical illnesses.
Get ready folks, because this episode is chock full of fascinating (and digestible) facts on the issues grains cause within the body.
- What’s the connection between grain inflammation and weight gain? [00:06:45]
- Why you don’t want high levels of antibodies in your system. [00:08:25]
- Why Hashimoto’s Disease is not all that complicated of a disorder to alleviate. [00:09:30]
- The specifics of genetic and allergy testing. [00:10:00]
- What is a delayed allergy response? [00:12:30]
- Does Dr. Osborne administer a food sensitivity test? [00:15:45]
- What’s the prescription pain medication trap? [00:18:40]
- What’s the connection between a body’s war on inflammation, obesity and muscle mass? [00:22:58]
- How does a grain based diet create nutrient deficiency? [00:27:45]
- The issue with “gluten-free” foods. [00:32:40]
- Why coffee can be an issue for those with food sensitivities. [00:37:35]
- What are proteolytic enzymes and how Dr. Osborne uses them in his practice? [00:39:46]
- Dr. Osborne talks about No Pain, No Gain, and some of the 30 program’s many success stories. [00:42:46]
- Dr. Osborne personal story: How did this become his passion? [00:44:38]
- Gluten may catch all the press, but it’s not the only issue with grains. [00:52:00]
- Mood and gut health. [00:53:53]
Get the Primal Blueprint Podcast
- Download Episode #109 here (right click to “Save As”)
- View and subscribe to The Primal Blueprint Podcast on iTunes here and on Stitcher here
- Subscribe to the RSS feed here
Do you have a question you would like answered on a future Primal Blueprint Podcast? Submit a voicemail message by clicking the blue “Submit a Question” button on the right side of the page, or email us!