Description: Host Elle Russ sits down with CJ Hunt, the writer, producer and host of the break out film hit (and first Paleo documentary), The Perfect Human Diet, and author of the how-to companion guide of the same title. Graduating Summa Cum Laude in Electronic Communication Arts BA Radio /TV from SFSU 2007, CJ has had a career that spanned motocross racing and theme park announcer to over 20 years in broadcasting, with voice-overs, TV host, television and movie actor and author of two previous books on diet and nutrition.
The Perfect Human Diet was filmed in English (Stereo, CC), but is also available in iTunes Subtitles: Danish, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish. Thai, Traditional Chinese.
- What happened in your life to bring you to this search for the perfect human diet? [00:01:27]
- After your experience with death, what did you learns from your experiments with diets? [00:05:44]
- What is the shocking 9/11 and obesity analogy you made in the film? [00:08:40]
- What are reports on research about vegetarianism that you show in the film? [00:14:25]
- Can you discuss the comparison between herbivores and carnivores? [00:16:45]
- The development of the brain was possible because of the high-density nutrients. [00:19:56]
- Is it true that every meal should start with protein? Protein is time-released glucose. [00:24:31]
- Until the advent of agriculture, there was no arthritis. [00:31:56]
- What about potatoes? [00:36:24]
- How hard was it to change the pattern of a lifetime of eating? [00:40:26]
- He talks about fasting and how that didn’t work for him. [00:59:36]
- When he changed from vegetarian to eating fish and meat, what changes did he see? [01:02:28]
- The film, “The Perfect Human Diet” shows people the evidence about the benefits of paleo. [01:04:53]
- The media attitude has not helped to expand the new research on nutrition. People don’t want their belief systems challenged. [01:08:16]
C J Hunts Reports
Good Calories, Bad Calories
The Perfect Human Diet
Get the Primal Blueprint Podcast
- Download Episode #121 here (right click to “Save As”)
- View and subscribe to The Primal Blueprint Podcast on iTunes here and on Stitcher here
- Subscribe to the RSS feed here
Do you have a question you would like answered on a future Primal Blueprint Podcast? Submit a voicemail message by clicking the blue “Submit a Question” button on the right side of the page, or email us!
Just finished the podcast, uncanny. I too have IHSS ,a rare but textbook condition. As well I am 63 years old,and have a history of athletics as well. My septum continued to grow to the point that walking on flat ground would give me lung burn and my beautiful wife would have to push me up hill. I, luckily, have not had cardiac arrest but have been defibrillated at least eight times. Anyway, a myectomy in Toronto 8 years ago greatly improved the condition.
Coincidentally I also finished a podcast with Dr.Greger today. He is an avowed vegetarian and his frequent videos are always quoting directly from studies. CJ and Elle also talk about “evidence based” studies but do not quote any directly. So how about a discussion between Dr.Greger and CJ or Mark? Both parties submit their studies in advance to each other so that they can come prepared for a fruitful discussion. This could be of great benefit to all your listeners.