Description: Cancer survivors Domini Kemp and Patricia Daly offer the first comprehensive ketogenic cookbook based on the most exciting new research on nutritional approaches to the prevention and management of cancer, The Ketogenic Kitchen.
For decades, the ketogenic diet―which shifts the body’s metabolism from burning glucose to burning fat, lowering blood sugar and insulin and resulting in a metabolic state known as ketosis―has been used to successfully manage pediatric epilepsy. More recently, it has been used by the Paleo community as a weight loss strategy. Now emerging research suggests that a ketogenic diet, in conjunction with conventional treatments, also offers new hope for those coping with cancer and other serious diseases.
With endorsements from leading researchers and oncologists such as Dr. Thomas Seyfried (Cancer as a Metabolic Disease), The Ketogenic Kitchen offers more than 250 recipes, as well as meal plans and comprehensive scientific information about the benefits of a ketogenic diet, with sensible advice to help readers through periods of illness, recovery, and treatment.
- These two women who are cancer survivors discuss their journeys to health through better diets. [00:01:05]
- How does a keto diet, which low carb and low glucose, relate to cancer? [00:09:30]
- What is the difference between mitochondrial diseases vs. genetic disease in regards to cancer? [00:15:47]
- What are some things we can do to change our diet from low carb and low fat to ketogenic diet gradually? [00:21:00]
- Why is it important is it to stay hydrated? [00:29:00]
- How is their recipe book set up? [00:30:56]
- What are the effects of the new diet on cancer even in remission? [00:34:46]
- How can we work with our doctors throughout our healing journey? [00:38:43]
- What kind of emotional situations did they go through when they were fighting cancer? [00:49:58]
- What has been the result of writing this book? [00:59:41]
The Ketogenic Kitchen
Get the Primal Blueprint Podcast
- Download Episode #134 here (right click to “Save As”)
- View and subscribe to The Primal Blueprint Podcast on iTunes here and on Stitcher here
- Subscribe to the RSS feed here
Do you have a question you would like answered on a future Primal Blueprint Podcast? Submit a voicemail message by clicking the blue “Submit a Question” button on the right side of the page, or email us!